Wednesday, August 6, 2008

GRANDPAS GARDEN


Grandpa did not plant his usual big garder, but right out there back door they have tons of tomato plants that are full right now of green tomatos. They will have tomatos to share in another couple of weeks
Here is grandma trying to show some of the tomatos.
Another of grandma trying to show us a red tomato, but still could not see it.
This is looking from the storage room toward the garage. Thre is like 15 tomato plants here. Any one have a good salsa recipe for canning?
We also celebrated Tom and Grandpas birthday on Monday night. Grandpa is holding a statue that Tom and Sam gave him. You really can't see it well, but it show a dad giving his son a bronc ride on his back. I have a lot of memories of getting those rides from grandpa. They weren't gentle rides he did every thing he could to buck you off. Great memories. Grandpa celerated his 84th Birthday.

4 comments:

The Price Family said...

Oh how I miss them! I am glad you posted pictures. It makes my heart ache. I love those two people with all of my heart. I wish we could afford to get down that way again. We saw them in October, but I haven't been able to see them since.

Farris said...

I always loved their garden, I would give anything to have one of their tomatoes right now. They look so cute together, we miss them also. Madisen will talk about her little grandma and little grandpa still.

The Goodman Family said...

Happy Birthday to Grandpa. Gosh, his "little" garden puts mine to shame. We'll have to go visit and get some more pointers from Grandpa.

Brent and Brooke said...

Hope Grandpa had a good birthday! I am so impressed with his garden.

How is the new twilight book...I am trying to finish the third really fast so I can buy the last one too. I thought it was funny you guys got it at midnight!